Michael McCausland is the Founder and CEO of McCausland Associates International LLC, a Colorado Springs, Colorado based consulting firm focused on providing end-to-end solutions for strategy development and organizational alignment coupled with change management and culture transformation practices.
Prior to the formation of MAI in 1985, Michael was licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to operate and manage commercial nuclear power plants. Following his time in Operations, Michael stepped out to form an independent consulting company to provide support services to the nuclear industry. Since that time, MAI has provided support services to over 50% of the operating nuclear power plants in the United States.
During his tenure in the nuclear power industry, Michael was instrumental in training program design and development to support recovery activities at Three Mile Island nuclear power station following the accident. In the late 1980s, Michael helped facilitate his first large scale culture transformation initiative at the Toledo Edison power station. He went on to develop one of the premier large-scale change models designed to provide a process road map for rapid, large-scale transformation projects. During the 1990s, Michael pioneered accelerated learning and advanced teaching techniques throughout the nuclear power industry for both classroom and simulator learning environments.
In addition to culture transformation initiatives, Michael is also known for his expertise in a host of additional fields including human behavior, leadership development, performance improvement, strategy development, and organizational alignment. Under his leadership, MAI support services have expanded beyond the power utility industry to encompass additional market sectors and initiatives worldwide.
Additional achievements include:
- 25 years of experience in strategy development, performance management, logistics, and service delivery in large organizations.
- Sole outside management consultant to facilitate the redesign and roll out of a corrective action/safety program across an organization with 20 sites and 20,000 employees
- Sole outside management consultant to facilitate the change management process for a major retailer of luxury goods in the Gulf (Dubai) with 6,000 staff in 3 countries
- Leadership and oversight to multiple departments and multiple companies simultaneously including high volume operations
- Consulting and implementing performance management and improvement practices, including financial management, across multiple disciplines for over 30 years
- Extensive background in establishing and managing cultures and culture transformation initiatives
- Built and managed key stakeholder relationships across both the public and private sectors including high profile personalities and highly regulated industries
- Expertise in change management including the establishment of a highly adaptive workforce culture with employee participation that keeps an eye on changing industry trends